Friday, February 2, 2024

Freeing Up Space

If you have a keen eye for detail, you may have noticed something different about the space occupied by the organ, piano, and the choirs. Hmmm… what, oh what could it be? That’s right – a pew has been removed!

With Fr. Bryan’s approval, and thanks to our ever so reliable custodian, Sean, we’ve freed up space for our ever growing 5pm Worship Band. If you’re a regular at the 5, you must have noticed that it was starting to get just a little bit crowded in that area. That’s what happens when you gain three new vocalists (Cassandra Desir, Michelle Sroussi, and Emmeline Fritz) who each get their own microphone.

On that note, let me just say that there is no right/wrong time to join any of our music groups! If anyone wishes to join the Adult Choir, Youth Choir, or Worship Band, please feel free to just walk up to me and say “Hey, I (or my child) would like to join (insert group name)!” And I would just say, “Great! When can you start?” Yep, there’s no audition! There was never an audition when Jesus said, “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.” I think it is only fitting that our music ministry should aspire for the same openness in the casting of our nets, and hopefully we may once again find ourselves in the very reassuring position of having to free up even more space!

With my peace,
Carlo Serrano, Music Director

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Life

September 29, 2024 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time The day was a Sunday two years ago: September 25th, 2022. It was the 26th Sunday in Ordinary...